question

drallcom3 avatar image
drallcom3 asked

libCurl bug in Unity 2021.1.3f1

Unity updated the libCurl in version 2021.1.3f1. This results in a

Curl error 61: Unrecognized content encoding type. libcurl understands identity content encodings.

error for any use of the Playfab API. Updating the Playfab SDK did not solve the issue.

When using 2021.1.2, which does not have the libCurl update, I have no issues.

apis
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Akash avatar image Akash commented ·

Oh so this is not the case on 2021.1.2?

Thank you so much for this, my dev stalled the whole day today.

0 Likes 0 ·
drallcom3 avatar image drallcom3 Akash commented ·

2021.1.2 is fine. The patch notes for 2021.1.3 even mention libCurl, so that's probably it.

1 Like 1 ·
skjalg-maehre avatar image
skjalg-maehre answered

Same issue here in 2021.1.5f1. Fixed it by turning off Compress Api Data as was suggested here

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Justin Heasman avatar image Justin Heasman commented ·

Hopefully there will be a fix soon as turning off compression isn't really the best solution :(

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Heasman avatar image
Justin Heasman answered

this is the bug report on the unity forum. They are looking into it, but best to let them know you are also waiting on the fix :)

https://forum.unity.com/threads/libcurl-with-playfab-bug-in-unity-2021-1-3f1.1093294/

10 |1200

drallcom3 avatar image
drallcom3 answered

Does API compression even work for you guys on mobile?

I just did some tests with 2021.1.2 (the one without any errors) and the server returns uncompressed responses. In the editor they're compressed, on the device they're not. The request is properly compressed, but the response not. The response bytes show no compression and the response payload is plain uncompressed JSON.

Then I did the same test with an actual game that is in development and the API compression also doesn't work. I also tried 2020 LTS and no compression there too on the device.

10 |1200

vutruongwork avatar image
vutruongwork answered

Same issue in 2020.3.11f1

10 |1200

sheyper avatar image
sheyper answered

Same here with 2021.1.5f1, I'm downgrading until it's fixed.

10 |1200

Benedetto avatar image
Benedetto answered

@Brendan I tried to change this:

#if !UNITY_WSA && !UNITY_WP8 && !UNITY_WEBGL && !UNITY_EDITOR",

I have Unity 2021.1.7f1 and error is still here. After the change suggested in this post I get this error instead:

"Curl error 1: Protocol "playfab" not supported or disabled in libcurl"

10 |1200

Jérémie Fouché avatar image
Jérémie Fouché answered

I have install the last PlayFab SDK and the issue is not here anymore but the "Compress Api Data" neither...
i assume PF developpers disable the option by default now ? or they solve really the issue ?

How can i check if the Compress Api Data is enable in the last version of the SDK ?

And now i have another issue :

screenshot-5.png (18.6 KiB)
screenshot-6.png (39.3 KiB)
10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.