question

James McGhee avatar image
James McGhee asked

Custom Entity types

The documentation sugests that its possible to create custom entity types or at least that is how I read it. That said while the "built-in" entites are talked about a lot nothing is noted on custom entity.

1) can you create custom entities

2) If so can you relate 1 entity to another (parent relationship like account to character, etc. or similar)

3) can you search for entities of a given type

entities
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Currently, creating Custom Entity types is not supported. May I know the document that you are referring?

In addition, if you have specific requirements and detailed scenario, please feel free to tell us so that we may figure out a workaround solution.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

James McGhee avatar image James McGhee commented ·

"In short, entity groups can be any collection of entities (whether NPC or player-controlled, real or abstract), which need a persistent-state bound to that group."

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/social/groups/quickstart

That line sugests there is an entity type NPC or that you can create one.

This is just one line at several points your documents talk about "built-in" types as if there are non-built-in types. So as a new user reading it there is are a few strong sugestions that arn't true

1) that you can group any entity type ... read later that you can only group users basicly e.g. user and character

2) that you can create custom entity types ... seems you cant

3) that you can search for entity types and or entity groups this was more of a guess but when your talking about a guild system, friend system, party system, etc. I expect there is some way to search for them built into it. Really I would have expected much the same features/controls as you see with Steam Lobby or Steam Game Server matchmaking e.g. a key value pair set of metadata I can quary against to find a given group for example.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.