question

Luan De Nale avatar image
Luan De Nale asked

How to auto upgrade billing plan? Or how to get notified about title limits?

Hi,

I am a free user and I have a couple of titles (all in Development mode) that already has some user flow within it. Since the user demand is still pretty low, the titles are not exceding any limits so far.

What I'd like to know is:

• What happens when a title exceeds the Development Mode limit? Will PlayFab Stop working for that title until my billing plan is upgraded? Will PlayFab auto upgrade to the Pay-as-you-go billing plan and launch the title to Live mode?
  • Is there a way of detecting the title from getting close (or surpassing) the Development mode limits and maybe sending me an alert via e-mail?
  • Is there an automatic configuration I can set so when my title surpasses the limits it automatically launches the title to Live mode and upgrade my billing plan?

After searching in the docummentation I couldn't find any relevant information about the subject, and since I don't have access to PlayFab's private support (since I am not yet a paying user) I'm posting it here in hopes of receiving some response of someone who already went through this (or from PlayFab itself).

Thanks

limitssupport
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Sure thing:

• What happens when a title exceeds the Development Mode limit? Will PlayFab Stop working for that title until my billing plan is upgraded?

The only limit Development Mode titles have that differs from Live Mode is that they are limited to 100,000 total player accounts. Once you have 100,000 player accounts in your Dev Mode game, you cannot create more player accounts - login calls that try to make them will fail.

• Will PlayFab auto upgrade to the Pay-as-you-go billing plan and launch the title to Live mode?

No, we cannot change your billing plan, as you have to choose and agree to the fees. That's not something we can do on your behalf.

• Is there a way of detecting the title from getting close (or surpassing) the Development mode limits and maybe sending me an alert via e-mail?

On the dashboard for your game, we show you how close you are to the player account limit. There isn't any email automation for this, currently.

• Is there an automatic configuration I can set so when my title surpasses the limits it automatically launches the title to Live mode and upgrade my billing plan?

No, you would need to update to a paid tier when you're ready to move your title to Live Mode, and then manually push it to Live Mode. We need that to be a conscious choice by the developer, as it's agreeing to the terms of the tier you select.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.