question

Balek avatar image
Balek asked

Retreive Game Server Instance ID from Game Server at start

Hi,

I need my game servers know what are them game instance id to verify if a client connecting to it is authorized to connect.
1 The client is connecting to game server using IP:PORT
2 The client send his session ticket to the game server
3 The game server send his Game Server Instance ID and the client session ticket to a nodejs server to verify if client is authorized to connect.
4 Server kick player if not authorized

I want to use Matchmaking - Start Game (PlayFab Matchmaker) | Microsoft Docs to achieve this in my "Hub" game servers (Where clients are to buy skins, customize player, talk to other player, before run matchmaking)

And I want to use Matchmaking (PlayFab Multiplayer) | Microsoft Docs for players join party (Maybe I can verify if player is authorized to connect with other method because of matchmaking ? Or need to use my nodejs server too ?)

Oh and I have another question, what default params are passed to command line to run a game server ? (not custom params)

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

>> Maybe I can verify if player is authorized to connect with other method because of matchmaking ? Or need to use my nodejs server too ?

As this section – Information passed to the game server said, the players that be matched with matchmaking service would be added to the “InitialPlayers” list. So, the players who aren’t in the “InitialPlayers” list should be unauthorized players. You can read the “InitialPlayers” field using the GSDK, then use this list for your verification.

>> Oh, and I have another question, what default params are passed to command line to run a game server ? (not custom params)

Could you please clarify what the default params mean? To run the server in the docker, you at least need to add the path of the server executable as the value of “StartGameCommand”, this value should be "C:\\Assets\\[YourServerExecutableName].exe". The value of “StartGameCommand” can’t be empty, no default values will be filled.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Balek avatar image Balek commented ·

No problem for the "default parameters", just wanted to know if aditionnal param are send to the game :) And thanks for the GSDK i will try it now :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.