I am currently working on my first multiplayer turn based game (which is also my frist game in unity), so bear with me and help me out with a bit of clarification as all this is getting confusing to me.
The multiplayer functionality that I need is like this:
- one player is starting a multiplayer game, he doesnt finds an available room, so creates one
- he plays his turn (simple moves), data is sent to the server and now the user can close the application
- when second player is starting a multiplayer game he finds the game created by the first player and joins it
- he gets first players turn data and after that he can play his turn
- first player receives a notification that is now his move... etc
For the multiplayer part I started using turnbased photon + playfab, only to discover now that I may need another server for photon webhooks (?) to keep persistent game rooms.
What is the recommended why of achieving this functionality?