question

Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt asked

Player account password reset email not reflecting

Although I put no-reply@imperium42.com, it's being sent from playeraccounts@playfab.com

Halp :)

apis
passnotwork.png (56.4 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Sorry, but can you help us to understand your specific scenario? The Email Preferences tab is the email addresses on file for us to contact for any issues with your title. That's completely distinct from the password reset system for players. And even then, I don't recognize the image on the right - what is the URL for that?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dylan Hunt avatar image Dylan Hunt commented ·

Ah, hmm, it says PLAYER account password reset, so I initially thought it was for password reset via

https://api.playfab.com/Documentation/Client/method/SendAccountRecoveryEmail

Perhaps the wording needs to be changed -- "Admin Account Password Reset"? The above link's API call is also what results in receiving that email to reset your password for your account (the link in the screenshot is expired, but as an example).

Clicking on the link in the picture on the right above will show this:

You can actually go to the link now to check it out -- clicking reset will say "expired", but normally it should reset your player password.

0 Likes 0 ·
reset-pass.png (20.4 KiB)
brendan avatar image brendan Dylan Hunt commented ·

Ah, of course - it was hard to make out on my screen, but that's the password reset email, got it. Yes, that is the site for the mail sent by SenAccountRecoveryEmail - the player password reset site. For a reset of a developer password, you can click the forgot password link on the sign-in page for the Game Manager.

I'm checking now on why the return email address isn't showing up correctly.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Dylan Hunt commented ·

Okay, I see the confusion. The "Reply-To" is indeed being set correctly. What you're seeing is that the "From" is still playeraccounts@playfab.com. I'll add a backlog item to have the From changed, as well.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.