question

gilliardaraujo avatar image
gilliardaraujo asked

I'm not able to use LocalMultiplayerAgent to test my server build

I'm following the documentation at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/locally-debugging-game-servers-and-integration-with-playfab but I can't find / run LocalMultiplayerAgent.exe as quoted in the doc, so being unable to proceed with the rest of the verification process, how do you proceed in this case?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

May I ask do you locate the directory to the folder of Mock Agent? Otherwise, you may open the PowerShell at the Mock Agent folder.

0 Likes 0 ·
gilliardaraujo avatar image gilliardaraujo commented ·

My MockAgent directory:

When attempting the command through the power shell, the following occurs:

@SethDu

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I don't see LocalMultiplayerAgent.exe located in your folder. In addition, the proper way to execute the agent is via

./LocalMultiplayerAgent.exe

Have you referred to download mock agent via https://github.com/PlayFab/MpsAgent?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Michael Assaf avatar image Michael Assaf commented ·

Hello! I have the same error. I can't seem to locate the file LocalMultiplayerAgent.exe in the MpsAgent folder. I was able to run successfully "dotnet build" as well as properly configure the MultiplayerSettings.json file. But I can't complete the process without the LocalMultiplayerAgent.exe file.

If you need extra information to debug this issue please let me know.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Michael Assaf commented ·

Do you download the v.0.9.7 release? LocalMultiplayerAgent.exe is located in the root folder, which is also in MpsAgent/LocalMultiplayerAgent at main PlayFab/MpsAgent (github.com)

0 Likes 0 ·
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios avatar image
Dimitris-Ilias Gkanatsios answered

You need to download the LocalMultiplayerAgent.Publish.zip for the latest release -> Releases PlayFab/MpsAgent (github.com)

The executable is not included on the source code download links in an effort to minimize their size.

1 comment
10 |1200

Paul Gilmore avatar image Paul Gilmore commented ·

From the screenshots, I see a "bin" folder. @GilliardAraujo I anticipate that your file exists in: {MpsAgent}\LocalMultiplayerAgent\bin\Release\netcoreapp3.1\LocalMultiplayerAgent.exe. In my own testing, I am able to run it from there, and/or by running/debugging the project from Visual Studio.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.