question

raiskader avatar image
raiskader asked

Seeking help to troubleshoot a Mirror PlayFab integration project

I have started a project to update nate pacyga's Playfabmirrorgameexample project located HERE. His project worked fine, but it is not possible to integrate it in a project using current playfab and mirror versions. This project is meant for me to learn and be a stepping stone for a planned game implementation.

This is the first time I am doing Networking, and wanted to be able to learn it as well as the dedicated server system.

I started re-implementing it using a finished "Getting started" Mirror project as base, using the Mirror List Network server and API scripts as examples and basis for the implementation, transfering part of his scripts in the new format, as well and copying and correcting others.

Most of the work went to correcting and updating from Mirror's obsolete message system and callbacks, which I still only partially understand, especially because I am juggling learning obsolete and current Mirror at the same time.

I now have a compiling project, with my local server starting up and moving to the play scene, but when I try to upload a remote server build like in his tutorial, the server build is deemed unstable by playfab.

I am looking for someone who could help me look into it and troubleshoot my problem, as I now am completely lost on what breaks in the project.

My implementation is located HERE if anyone wants to take a look into it.

Thank you very much for your time !

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Have you locally tested your server build? Please refer to the documentation on Locally debugging game servers and integration with PlayFab - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs.

In addition, I also have few dependencies issues when trying to open your project. Have you manually imported DLL files into your project? Please determine the required DLLs before build and upload to PlayFab Game Manager. You may find help in this doc -- Determining required DLLs for Windows game servers - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

raiskader avatar image raiskader commented ·

@SethDu

I have only followed nate's tutorial, and imported :

- the playfabSDK unity package via the external download, then updated the package to the latest version

- the playfab GSDK by downloading the archive and copy/pasting the MultiplayerAgent folder in my PlayFabSdk folder in my project

- The Mirror unity Package via the Unity Asset Store

I have started looking for the local testing but haven't gone much into it, I need to delve into it further.

I will take a look at the dlls documentation

Thanks for the info I will keep the topic updated if I keep being stuck or if I manage to make it work :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ raiskader commented ·

You may also refer to the repo on https://github.com/PlayFab/MpsSamples/tree/master/UnityMirror.

Please free to add replies or create a new thread in the forum.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.