question

Mubashar Bilal avatar image
Mubashar Bilal asked

Playfab Multiplayer Server Free Hours?

I am using playfab multiplayer server for a while now for testing but now after recent update it is charging me even for free hours, also when create a build there is no Dasv4 virtual machine listed.

Please check this issue. My title id is 5C304

Thanks

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Please feel free to submit a request on Contact us (playfab.com) and remember to select Billing/Account question type. Thanks for your understanding.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

To be clear, the free core hours are described in the pricing page (https://playfab.com/pricing) and the documentation (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/billing-for-thunderhead) and the click-through page you use to activate multiplayer server hosting in the game manager. In short, we provide a limited number of free core hours, in specific regions and using specific server models. Any usage beyond that is charged at the normal rates, as stated in the pricing page and docs.

In terms of what VMs are listed when you configure a build, that's based on your Quota. If you need a different Quota, you can request that by clicking the "Change Quota" button in the Multiplayer->Quota tab.

0 Likes 0 ·
Frederik Mueller avatar image Frederik Mueller commented ·

I have a similar issue. I had a single Fsv2 instance running on standby for a couple days (started before April 1st as well), my account was created before the transition to Dasv4 as the free option, and now my Billing Summary states 50$ as estimated cost for that Fsv2 VM. Is this a bug in your system because of the migration? It is clearly stated that we would get free Fsv2 hours until July 1st for customers prior to April 1st.
I cannot open any tickets from within Playfab because I'm not a "paying studio". Also your Contact Us link does nothing for me, the Support part doesnt load at all.

What can I do to correct this or am I missing something? I'm positive the Fsv2 was completely within the Free Tier (and is listed as such on every page) for me as a customer prior to April 1st.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Frederik Mueller commented ·

No, nothing changed in the free hours for pre-existing titles. They will continue to get the same free core hours they did previously, until the end of the transition period. Since you submitted a request to our sales team via the Contact Us page in playfab.com, we'll follow up with you there.

But again, please bear in mind that server hosting is not free in any tier. As stated in the pricing page and the docs, any usage beyond the limited free core hours is charged at the stated rates.

0 Likes 0 ·
laggyluk avatar image laggyluk commented ·

correct me if I'm wrong but looks like free hours cover one build, active or on standby exactly for one month, any extra standby servers (like when you test on one active and have maximum standby servers set to 2) will drain your wallet

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ laggyluk commented ·

No, the hours that the server builds consume depends on the server cores you have configured. Active and standby servers/instance will both consume the free quota (standby consumption is less though). Each VM you have selected have different core hour consumption, for example, if using single core Av2 series VM (A1v2), the free quota is 750 hours. While if it is dual core Av2 series VM (A2v2), the quota will be 750/2 = 375 hours.

The calculation is based on "per core". Since there are 24 Dasv4 cores available in each region, if you enable all of them in different server build. the quota will be consumed fast. Hence, we recommend shutting down all instances and set 0 standby sever after the tests are done.

0 Likes 0 ·
laggyluk avatar image laggyluk Seth Du ♦ commented ·

ok, thanks for clearing it up

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.