question

hapygames avatar image
hapygames asked

How to get the report ID of a player?

How to get the ´Report ID´ of a player?

I don´t know how to display this for everyone.

I need to automate this, when the player is pressing the "Report" Button, in my Game.

For example:

1. I press the button

2. A Text-Field is being shown where I can add a Comment/Message, to say, why I report the Player.

3. When I press the "Submit" Button after, the report will be sent and shown in the History Event on the PlayFab Website.

I am a total beginner and I could use a viewable Example in Unity if possible.

Or maybe the code that helps me automate the getting of the PlayerReportID, so the Game Users

don´t have to know it.

Thank you very much for taking your time to read this message and answering it! :)

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

What do you mean by "Report ID"? Is it "ReporteeId" ? Otherwise, are you trying to get an ID that can track down this report?

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hapygames avatar image hapygames commented ·

Yes, the "ReporteeId"

0 Likes 0 ·
hapygames avatar image hapygames commented ·

I am actually searching for a way to automate the "player-to-player" report with a single button. But i sadly don´t understand the documentary.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ hapygames commented ·

That is based on the game design. Take a common scenario as an example, player will have a friend list, group list, leaderboard or chat list, and is able to click a player name/ID to open a profile view. While at the end of profile page, there is report this Player button. In the Onclick function, the code may retrieve the ReporteeId (which is PlayFab ID) from the text component of this Profile View Gameobject and filling the request for API call.

Please understand PlayFab ID is something players should have known.

0 Likes 0 ·
hapygames avatar image hapygames Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I understand what you are saying, but i don´t know how to realize the getting of the PlayFabID in a code.

I know how to create the UI and link the buttons, so they show the players profile.

But from there i don´t know the code i would need to make the report button work.

Is there any possibility that a tutorial about this is made in the future on the PlayFab YouTube Channel?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.