question

Talha Muhammad avatar image
Talha Muhammad asked

Read Write Flow Help needed.

For a game like angry bird or swamp attack in unity3d. What is the best way to handle data read write?

For eg. In my game i have several boosters (items- Stackable) and several VCs Like lives and gems etc.

I need your help regarding data write/read frequencies and general flow of design. Only one Statistic is in use aka "Level".

What I am looking forward to in your response is the optimized way of calling the apis from client.

WHEN should I report VC subtraction?

WHEN should I increment items? (or modify them).

How should I design the game so that The write calls (meter ticks) are (<=100) /day.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Ivan Cai avatar image
Ivan Cai answered

In your case, you can use cache to save and update game data. However, you should record the changes of the player's data in order to call the API uniformly. For instance, when the rare, important events happen such as achievement or real money purchases, you can update data to playfab via calling updating related APIs. You can provide a button for players to save what they need to. Only save periodically every few minutes is usually fine. As the duration of each player’s game is uncertain, we can not assure you that the write calls (meter ticks) are (<=100) /day.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.