question

Keisuke.Ukishima avatar image
Keisuke.Ukishima asked

the dynamic database features that all users can access,The dynamic database features that all users can access

Hello. I'm currently considering switching from "GameSparks" to "Playfab".

I've been doing some testing and checking out the features, and I have a question. Which of the dynamic database features that all users can access, such as GameData in GameSpark, are applicable to Playfab?

For example, I'd like to store the number of times all users have played the game as of today, update the seed value for each day, and store the coordinates of the user's game over on the server to appear as a tombstone in other users' games (like in Dark Souls!).

I thought the TitleData feature might be it, but it seems to be treated like metadata that is not suitable for frequent updates, which is not what I am looking for.

(This text is machine translated, sorry if it's hard to understand. Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Title Datadatagame manager
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Keisuke.Ukishima avatar image Keisuke.Ukishima commented ·

I don't know why it was posted twice. Sorry about that.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ivan Cai avatar image Ivan Cai ♦ commented ·

When you frequently change data information, title data will not support your needs. I want to know how often your game data is updated

0 Likes 0 ·
Keisuke.Ukishima avatar image Keisuke.Ukishima Ivan Cai ♦ commented ·

Ivan, thanks for your answer.

When the game is over after playing one game of about 10 minutes, the death coordinates are added to the database shared by all users, and the number of times played by all users is updated.

Doesn't playfab support this kind of frequently updated database?

And in that case, do I need to access an external database with CloudScript?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Ivan Cai avatar image
Ivan Cai answered

We do not support this kind of frequently updated database. If you need to access an external database with CloudScript, you can choose some external services that support Web API. They will be integrated with playfab very well, such as playfab supports making Webhook calls through cloudscript.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Keisuke.Ukishima avatar image Keisuke.Ukishima commented ·

Thank you, Ivan. I'll think of a way.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ivan Cai avatar image Ivan Cai ♦ Keisuke.Ukishima commented ·

Welcome to playfab.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.