question

darren zou avatar image
darren zou asked

Auction house ?

does playfab support a auction house system? If not then is it possible to search open trades from players? Can a player leave a trade open, and multiple players search for that player name and see their trades and accept?

Trading
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

We do have a tradingsystem for players to do trades with each other, a player can use Client/OpenTrade to open a new outstanding trade and the other player can use Client/AcceptTrade to accept a specific trade. However, we don’t offer the functionality to search open trades from players, you’d need to self- implement a system that exchanges & sync trading info between players.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

darren zou avatar image darren zou commented ·

Must trades be done through a TCP-like constant connection? Or can they be done asynchronously , like a player open a trade for 5 days, and another player can accept the trade within that timeframe? As for searching for outstanding trades, this endpoint https://titleId.playfabapi.com/Client/GetPlayerTrades seems to do the job?

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan darren zou commented ·

I believe it's already async, a player opens a trade, other players can accept it unless it's filled or cancelled by the owning player. And GetPlayerTrades is used for getting all trades the calling player has, not for other players to search.

0 Likes 0 ·
darren zou avatar image darren zou Citrus Yan commented ·

Is it possible for Admin(playfab cloud function) to call the method to get open trades on a player a return it to another player?

If not, then I guess I'll have to implement a wall and post all open trade ID on there and when players accept, cancel, fill trades, I'll delete it off that wall. In any off chance the trade doesn't exist, using the GetTradeStatus endpoint, I will delete it off that wall.

Does playfab have a database feature like this? If not I guess I'll use firebase and their cloud functions instead of playfab's. Would love it if playfab has all of this though..

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
gooby avatar image gooby commented ·

Sorry to Necro, but I'm wondering if title data would be enough to hold all the data for an auction house system? Or should I pursue a different database?

0 Likes 0 ·
gooby avatar image gooby gooby commented ·

I guess not lol

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.