question

Victor Nedelea avatar image
Victor Nedelea asked

How to use the Mirror and PlayFab Sample?

I am building a game that will need to use a Dedicated Server Build using Mirror for Unity. What I try to do is basically use the Server Build and the PlayFab Services at the same time. I don't want the Players to have the ability to make API Statistic Calls to prevent cheating and so on. I think that the best way would be that the Client would simply connect to the Dedicated Server and somehow the Server will take care of the Leaderboard and all the other Services offered by PlayFab.

Because of this, I checked the MpsSamples/UnityMirror Project and tried to implement it without any success because I don't know at all where I should start, also, I can't find "agentfolder/PlayfabMultiplayerAgent.exe" anywhere.

I know that building a Multiplayer game is not easy, but since I have to make one for my final exam I need to find a solution. I need to understand how to merge PlayFab with the Dedicated Server using Mirror and go from there. Any advice to get me in the right direction will be very helpful.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Following the instructions described in the README file should help you get the sample working. Regarding the “PlayfabMultiplayerAgent.exe” you can’t find anywhere; it’s migrated to this repo:PlayFab/MpsAgent: Azure PlayFab Multiplayer Servers LocalMultiplayerAgent project and helper libraries (github.com). And please take a look at this tutorial to get a general overview on how our server hosting system works:Servers - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

madmojoman avatar image madmojoman commented ·

So, you're saying the original guide is outdated and that "PlayfabMultiplayerAgent.exe" is not the right .exe to run. Yet the new LocalMultiplayerAgent project that we are directed to does not reference what .exe is created (nor where to find it) after a successful build of the new MpsAgent repo. Can you explicitly explain what .exe is built and where to find it, as the README you link is outdated and does not show the proper .exe to run or where to find it. None of the links you offered show that information. I am stuck at the same place because there is NO .exe created in that folder after build, by that outdated "PlayfabMultiplayerAgent.exe" name or any other. So it would be nice for us to be able to move forward.

Edit In: I ended up finding a LocalMultiplayerAgent.exe in the ...bin/Debug/netcoreapp3.1 directory.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan madmojoman commented ·

You can built the project like you did above, or download the latest release of LocalMultiplayerAgent by navigating to the Releases section: Release v0.9.7 PlayFab/MpsAgent (github.com). Sorry for the troubles made.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.