question

Lee Ing avatar image
Lee Ing asked

We want to understand why Our game server exit the process and the Playfab is not returning the container resource. The server is not put back in "Standby" status, it still active, while the log is showing that we exited process.

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

May I ask what is the platform that you implement the server build?

To be clear , the server won't turn back to "Standby". When the application quits, the instance will shutdown and it means the lifecycle of an instance has ended (each instance is unique), the resources (server cores) will be released and back to the resources pool. When the number of Stand-by servers is less than the configuration in the Game Manager, PlayFab will dynamically initialize it, no matter how many live titles or any instances are shutting down.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lee Ing avatar image
Lee Ing answered
Virtual machine size
Standard_D2as_v4 (2 cores)
Servers per machine
Platform
Windows

1 comment
10 |1200

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

May I ask which GSDK you are using? Are you using any game engine to implement the server build? Can you share any shutting down code snippet with us? Please remember to hide private information.

0 Likes 0 ·
Benjamin Bennett avatar image
Benjamin Bennett answered

Were you able to solve this? I'm running into the same problem with my server build @Lee Ing

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.