question

Daryl Batchelor avatar image
Daryl Batchelor asked

My Cloud Scripts for iOS builds suddenly stop working mid game.

The Cloudscripts work perfectly on Windows and Android builds with no issues. However on iOS builds they work on first login, for a few calls then they just stop. There is no error and the calls never get through to the Playfab dashboard. It is like the PlayFabClientAPI.ExecuteCloudScript function never gets called? Is there something I should be doing differently for iOS? I have experimented with enabling "Requires persistent WIFI" in player settings, but still having the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

unity3dCloudScript
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

We noticed that you posted a similar question waiting for moderation, we'll delete that one and support you in this thread, thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Since there is no Error/API Calls displayed on the Playfab dashboard, mostly likely the call to ExecuteCloudScript never reached to PlayFab successfully. I’d suggest you do the following to investigate further:

1. add some loggings around that code block to take a closer look at the root cause,
  2. capture some network traces using tools like Fiddler to see whether there are any ExecuteCloudScript calls made, and if so, what are the request details.
5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Daryl Batchelor avatar image Daryl Batchelor commented ·

Thanks for the reply, I have added logs around the call and they get made correctly before and after the call, and no errors get logged. I will look into Fiddler. Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Daryl Batchelor commented ·

OK, so it got executed successfully, let's see what happening in the network trace.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daryl Batchelor avatar image Daryl Batchelor Citrus Yan commented ·

I have investigated this further utilizing Fiddler and it seems that it all works fine for a few calls, but after a while on iOS when requesting leaderboards and calling cloudscripts a HTTP Connect request is made made, and the playfab response is 200 but with an empty body. After this the POST request is not made, im assuming because there is no HTTPS connection?? From here on every call makes a connection request and receives no body response. The only way to get it working again is to shutdown the app and open it again by logging in... does this make sense?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments
Daryl Batchelor answered

Yeah that appears to be the problem. There is no POST request sent after the connection request. Sure how should I send them through? can I email them directly to you

10 |1200

Daryl Batchelor answered

Hi @Citrus Yan, yeah that appears to be what is happenning. A Connection request is sent, but no POST request. Happy to share the traces. What is the best way to get them to you? Can I email them direct?

2 comments
10 |1200

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

May I ask are you in any paid subscription plan? Ideally we can provide private dedicated technical help when you submit a support ticket to us.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daryl Batchelor avatar image Daryl Batchelor Seth Du ♦ commented ·

No I'm not on a paid plan. Our app has not yet been released so we don't have a need for the other features of a paid plan yet. Is this the only way to get help with this issue?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.