question

Talha Muhammad avatar image
Talha Muhammad asked

Daily PrizeWheel Question : item not found

Hi, I followed the recipe tutorial in the playfab samples but I have hit a wall.

Could you please check? I have set the Virtual currency. Set up items, Set up bundles. Have also Set up drop tables, but when I press spin button (from sample screen) it shows that the item is not there. I tried buying a simple item, It works fine for items, but it gives me error whenever i try to buy drop table item.

I want to offer, VC as well as items on the prize wheel. I tried it with items only. i got the same error.

Title ID is BFF0A.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Talha Muhammad avatar image Talha Muhammad commented ·

Solved it.

put the drop table into the bundle and as per the advanced drop tables tutorial. Works perfectly.

#Curiuos How many read write operations is one Spin of wheel?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Glad that you have figured out the issue.

The amount of read and write meter depends not only on amount but also the payload size of the API calls, each 1KB increase the meter count by 1. For more detail, please refer to: PlayFab Consumption: Best Practices.

In the PrizeWheelDemo, there are 2 API calls in one Spin, PurchaseItem and GetUserInventory. Assuming the payload of API calls are under 1KB, the PurchaseItem API is in the Profile Writes so it will count for 1 profile write meter. And the GetUserInventory API is in the Profile Reads so it will count for 1 profile read meter.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Talha Muhammad avatar image Talha Muhammad commented ·

Thanks a ton.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.