question

rubenwood avatar image
rubenwood asked

Using Custom Tags with Email verification rule

Hello,

I would like to use custom tags to pass some extra data whenever a user updates their email, however whenever I supply custom tags with the .AddOrUpdateContactEmail call the user is no longer sent the verification email, i.e; the email verification rule for this call doesn't trigger.

It works without the custom tags, so I know the smtp details are correct and my code works, but its integral that I can pass various extra parameters so I know precisely which users are verifying their email addresses.

Here is my rule and my code:

var request = new AddOrUpdateContactEmailRequest()
        {
            EmailAddress = inEmail,
            CustomTags = new Dictionary<string, string>() { { "EmailVerificationTestRule", "Testing" } }
        };
        PlayFabClientAPI.AddOrUpdateContactEmail(request, updatedContactEmail, failedUpdateContactEmail); 
apisunity3dsdksAccount ManagementCloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Currently custom tags are not available for Rule's condition filter, we have reported it to the corresponding team and will keep you informed for any feedback

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rubenwood avatar image rubenwood commented ·

Okay thank you, for now I have used a custom play stream event instead, because then I can supply the parameters I need to the Body of the WritePlayerEvent request.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan rubenwood commented ·

Yeah, that would be a sufficient workaround.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.