question

madmojoman avatar image
madmojoman asked

Legacy Multiplayer Local Server Testing Issue

Recently I upgraded my project's client and server to Unity's new 2020 LTS version. I've tested them out and they both work great. Client connects up to old server that is live on PlayFab, and has connected up to a new test server on PlayFab properly. But when I attempt to test the client server connection locally it is not authorizing properly. I'm not sure if I've missed something somewhere that needs to be updated, so any tips would be helpful.

On client, the main difference between the local and live situations is that on the AuthTicketMessage being sent the AuthTicket is set to SessionTicket if local, and GameServerAuthTicket if live. The message includes PlayFabId, AuthTicket, and IsLocal values.

I've verified these values exist and are being set to the AuthTicketMessage sent with the GameServerMsgTypes.Authenticate message type. (This works perfectly when the server is live on PlayFab and client is connecting up to it.) But when try to test with a local server build, the server reacts by showing that a Unity Client Connected, but that the PlayFabId and AuthTicket are empty on the log:

Info: A Unity Client Connected

Info: Auth Received: PlayFabId: AuthTicket:

Followed up by log:

/Server/RedeemMatchmakerTicket: Invalid input parameters

Ticket: The Ticket field is required.

These are populated with proper strings in live situation, but not on the local testing situation with same project. It's like it is not receiving the strings in the AuthTicketMessage, if I'm reading it correctly. Any ideas on what I could be missing that needs to be reset in order for it to test locally properly again?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·

Do you use the PlayFab Server Sample -- PlayFab/PlayFabGameServer: Out of the Box Game Server for PlayFab.com (github.com)? If not, could you please provide the main code snippets?

0 Likes 0 ·
madmojoman avatar image madmojoman Sarah Zhang commented ·

Yes, that's the one.

0 Likes 0 ·
madmojoman avatar image madmojoman Sarah Zhang commented ·

An update to this, I'm not actually seeing completely proper connections when the client connects up to live server at this point. Sometimes when the server logs "Info: Auth Received: PlayFabId: <id> AuthTicket: <ticket>" (with proper data for the <id> and <ticket>) it is then showing right after:

/Server/RedeemMatchmakerTicket: Game not found

This seems to happen only sometimes. Not every time. Sometimes players connect up properly, other times they do not. This is from logs from today. Not certain if this is related or not.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
madmojoman avatar image
madmojoman answered

Seems to be working again. I'll assume it had something to due with recent service issues PlayFab noted on status page. All good now.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.