question

Dario Alejandro Alvarez Borrero avatar image
Dario Alejandro Alvarez Borrero asked

Party voice chat with unity SDK

I have been reading the documentation on the Unity SDK but didn't find anything about what to use to handle voice chat in a party.

What should I use if I wanted to send and receive voice messages? Is there any example or additional documentation about this?

sdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dario Alejandro Alvarez Borrero avatar image
Dario Alejandro Alvarez Borrero answered

I was just testing my game and realized the communication was already happening without me doing anything else.

Voice chats are enabled by default when joining the party with the Unity SDK.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jeeth avatar image jeeth commented ·

Does it work out of the box in the demo scene included with the Playfab Party SDK? and how do you test it, 2 editor instances running the demo? Thats how I have tested the texts being sent but unclear about the VOIP

0 Likes 0 ·

@Dario Alejandro Alvarez Borrero How did you get the VOIP to work? It would be great to know? I don't see any reference to audio sources etc. I have used different VOIP services before and their setup needed to reference audio sources.

0 Likes 0 ·
Resul avatar image Resul jeeth commented ·

I managed with set permissions something like on this question that I asked: https://community.playfab.com/questions/62113/avoid-hearing-my-own-voice-on-playfab-party-voice.html

I was surprised too that there is no need for an Audio Source component on any object in Unity 3D. I have used Photon Voice before and we need the Audio Souce for it to work properly.

0 Likes 0 ·
jeeth avatar image
jeeth answered

I got the voice chat to work. I had to set the VoiceLevel = 1. I believe by default it's either 0 or very low.

OnNetworkJoin call back make sure to set the value to 1

2 comments
10 |1200

I maybe wrong here for some reason the ChatState is now NoAudioInput. I have to find out why the SDK is not detecting my device but my windows shows that unity editor is using the mic device

0 Likes 0 ·
Resul avatar image Resul jeeth commented ·

If you build for Android, make sure to give Microphone Access on your Android Phone to that application. Without the permission, you can not hear any voice or send it to the others in Android.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.