question

Kate Soon avatar image
Kate Soon asked

Set up Real Money payment for multiple Platforms,How can we include Real Money & payment for all platforms?

I am very new to game design and I am required to set up multiple In App Purchase for multiple Platforms such as Mobiles, PCs (windows, mac) and Consoles.

I would like to learn as much as possible, hope anyone can help me on this.

1. Is there any integrated payment providers in PlayFab or we are allow to set up our own?

2. How do we define different Currency in PlayFab? like RM stands for USD (if I didnt mistaken) what about other currency such as EUR, JPY, SGD, etc?
this is because I would like to display different currency to players in different geo location.

3. is there any example on how can we integrated In App Purchase to PCs? & also other platforms if possible.

4. using apple/google store as the example, we will have iOS Product ID & Google Product ID, where do we store these values in PlayFab? or do we need to store them?
And what about other platforms? do we also need to have the particular ID in order for payment to be successful?

Many thanks in advance

Hi, I'm very new in game design and I actually need to build In App Purchase (IAP) in different platforms such as mobile, PCs, Console.

I would like to know the following (as much as possible) :

1. is there a integrated payment providers for PlayFab or we need to set up our own?

2. how we define all currency in the system? I think RM stands for USD but how can we can include other currencies such EUR, JPY, SGD, etc.
Another thing is because I am trying to display different currency to users based on their geographical location.

3. Can PlayFab integrate with PCs(Windows, Mac) platform? if so, how does the user purchase through PCs? any set up guides & example?

4. Is all the set up for IAP for every platform varies? what are the key things I need to take note of? Like example apple store, we need to know the apple product id, where do we indicate the product id in PlayFab?

Many Thanks in advance

In-Game Economypricing
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

>1) Is there any integrated payment providers in PlayFab or we are allow to set up our own?

We offer the following real money payment integrations:

• Receipt validation and console entitlement checks: this is done by verifying the receipts/entitlements following the standards defined by the payment provider along with some additional check in our service to detect abuse. We offer integrations for IOS, Google Play, PSN, Xbox, etc. You can find the full list in this API Ref section: https://docs.microsoft.com/zh-cn/rest/api/playfab/client/platform-specific-methods?view=playfab-rest
  • Non-receipt/entitlement payment processing, currently we support Facebook, Steam, PayPal and Xsolla. Payments are verified by the payment provider directly and will notify our service once that’s done.

>2) How do we define different Currency in PlayFab? like RM stands for USD (if I didnt mistaken) what about other currency such as EUR, JPY, SGD, etc?

Currently only USD is supported, please check out this thread for more details:

https://community.playfab.com/questions/18656/retrieve-local-currency-price-when-querying-store.html

>3) is there any example on how can we integrated In App Purchase to PCs? & also other platforms if possible.

We provide these docs for you to get started:

Non-receipt payment processing (You can integrate PayPal or Xsolla disccused in this doc to PCs)

Show Me the Money: Receipt Validation for iOS and Android (Although it discusses about IOS & Android, it should apply to other receipt based payments)

Getting started with PlayFab, Unity IAP, and Android

>4) using apple/google store as the example, we will have iOS Product ID & Google Product ID, where do we store these value..

You’d need to set them both in PlayFab and Apple/Google store: this doc mentioned above should be helpful:

https://api.playfab.com/blog/show-me-money-receipt-validation-ios-and-android

For other platforms, the basic idea is similar.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.