question

Ozan Yilmaz avatar image
Ozan Yilmaz asked

Does this option allow players to see each others email addresses?

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to show the players' their contact email addresses, however, I don't want anyone to see them except the owner of the account. For example; Player A shouldn't see Player B's email address.

What does the option down below do actually? Can clients see each other's email addresses if I enable it?

01.jpg (20.6 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Yes, if you check this option, the clients can see each other’s email address. If you want to only allow the account owner to see the corresponding contact email, please uncheck it. To achieve your requirement, you can let the account owners call the CloudScript function to retrieve their Contact Emails. You can do the judgment in the CloudScript function to determine if the currentPlayerId is the same as the requested PlayFabId. If it is true, you can call the server API GetPlayerProfile to obtain the player’s Profile included the Contact Email. For more information about CloudScript, please check the documentation -- Writing custom CloudScript.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.