question

hami-m avatar image
hami-m asked

Differences between Dedicated Server / GDSK for Playfab?

Hello,

I was looking for a server which manages my background logic so that the client doesn't have the chance to abuse some situations.

So i wanted to start using the offered server from Playfab (i'm really new into this topic working with a server) but i don't know how to start.

Is there anyway of using a Playfab Server (Dedicated / GDSK) without having a creditcard? because i don't have one, neither a company to use in the forms.

So is there another kind of way using playfab Server for my game / free version for developer purposes? I really want to learn more about this.

Thanks in advance!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We provide a limited number of free core hours of server hosting on specific virtual machine (VM) models, and in specific regions, as described in the pricing page (https://playfab.com/pricing) and the documentation (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/billing-for-thunderhead). Since we do not limit you to those models/regions, and we do not limit the total hours you can run VMs, you must have a payment instrument on file in order to use server hosting (to pay for any overages).

Also, as stated in the doc linked above, please bear in mind that when you have your Standby level set to anything other than 0, that means you are running VMs, even if you don't have active game sessions. Standby servers are ones that are awaiting player sessions, so that when a player requests a game, they don't have to wait for you to provision a VM and download your game server code onto it (which can take several minutes, in total). So it's important to set your Standby level to 0 in all configured regions when you're in development but not actively testing.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.