question

Steve Lobdell avatar image
Steve Lobdell asked

TooManyServerRestarts Linux Container

Hi, I'm getting the TooManyServerRestarts error when trying to deploy a new build. My code isn't even on the container yet, this is a base ubuntu container that I haven't done anything to.

Build Name: Test

VM Selection: D2asV4

Servers per Machine: 1

Platform: linux

Linux Container: A base Ubuntu container, untouched

Assets: None

Start Command: None

Network: Port:8080, Name game_port

Metadata: None

Regions: East US

Standby Servers: 1

Maximum Servers: 1

What am I missing here? Thanks

Steve

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Most likely “TooManyServerRestarts”is caused by missing some required DLLs. We recommend determining required DLL and verifying containerization for the server build before deploying it to the Cloud, this step makes sure that the server instance is packaged with all the required dependencies and will run without issues on the Cloud. Please check out these tutorials:

Determining required DLLs that need to be included in the asset package

Locally debugging game servers and integration with PlayFab

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Steve Lobdell avatar image Steve Lobdell commented ·

Hi, thanks for not reading my question. This is a linux container and was built in Docker. I realize now I didn't understand that the server application on the container is the one sending the heartbeats, and probably causing the server to restart because it wasn't getting them. But again, copy pasting an answer that doesn't help me and I've seen on other questions is super unhelpful.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Steve Lobdell commented ·

Apologies, didn't notice that you were running a container with no server application running in it. It's just that plenty of previous questions we handled regarding "TooManyServerRestarts" were caused by missing DLLs or failed passing containerization verification, again, sorry for the confusion caused. Now that we're on the same page, is there anything I can assist you with?

0 Likes 0 ·
Steve Lobdell avatar image Steve Lobdell Citrus Yan commented ·

Sorry I was also cranky from having tried to figure this out for several hours. Is there any more current documentation than this?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/integrating-game-servers-with-gsdk

In this documentation it says to use the GameServerSDK class for Start() and ReadyForPlayers() but in the gsdk samples it looks like it's using PlayFabMultiplayerAgentAPI. THanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.