question

Canberk Soner avatar image
Canberk Soner asked

Question about Entity Groups

Hi,

I was reading the docs but one thing was not clear to me. When Player A invites Player B to an entity group, how does Player A become aware of this? The docs just have a comment:

// Presumably, this would be part of a separate process where the recipient reviews and accepts the request

But the full process is kinda vague.

In fact, maybe this question is not related to entity groups at all (because it can apply to Friends and so on) and I can simply rephrase it as, "How do you do client to client communication via PlayFab"? If PlayFab doesn't have a system for this, how do people solve this other than running their own servers to handle this messaging? I remember reading about PlayFab Pub/Sub a while ago, but I think it is not included in short-term roadmap anymore.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Ivan Cai avatar image
Ivan Cai answered

When Player A invites Player B to an entity group, Player A can call the ListGroupInvitations API to list all outstanding invitations for a group. PlayFab does not support communication between clients. It is similar to a lobby system and requires you to implement it yourself. You can choose some service provider such as photon. If you are interested in the photon, please refer to Photon quickstart - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.