question

Ozan Yilmaz avatar image
Ozan Yilmaz asked

How to make this network logic?

Hello everyone,

I'm going to implement a real-time multiplayer system in our game. I've made some multiplayer games, but they were so basic. So, I'm still a rookie about the subject. Could someone redirect me and tell me which PlayFab features I should use to achieve this kind of multiplayer system:

- The players should be able to create lobbies or see and join the other lobbies. I think, this is called "Matchmaking" and I have to use one of the PlayFab features. How can I do this?

- Since the game is a co-op game, cheating is not so important for us and I will use a 3rd party network library to make the game P2P. I think, I don't need to use any PlayFab feature during gameplay. If my approach is feasible, how can I switch from PlayFab Matchmaking to 3rd party network library? Listing the lobbies will be related to PlayFab. Joining and handling the gameplay will be related to the 3rd party network library.

The simplified real case is that: a player clicks the multiplayer button, and sees the created lobbies. In this case, I think, I need to call API to get the lobby list. Afterwards if the player clicks a lobby and join, my 3rd part networking library should take the control and handle the RPC functions etc.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

PlayFab doesn’t support Lobby feature natively, however, we have released a workaround solution for reference, please refer to : Building Lobbies with Azure PlayFab. Feel free to let me know if you have any suggestion on this sample.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.