question

jpgordon00 avatar image
jpgordon00 asked

Multiplayer Servers: Determining DLLs without Containerization

Hello,

I am trying to upload my Unity/Mirror server to Multiplayer 2.0. From this link it is clear that I need to include additional .DLL files for my windows build. However, I cannot access docker because of my windows version and cannot determine the missing .DLL files.

Is there anyway someone can complete the tutorial for me and list the required .DLL files in your sample. Otherwise I am using the screenshot in the first link and trying those .dll files.

Thank you so much!

multiplayer
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jpgordon00 avatar image jpgordon00 commented ·

Could someone please verify that my application runs in container mode? I can post a link (or DM) my application. I am certain that I am using GSDK correctly yet my server build is always unhealthy.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

According to Determine required DLLs, you may simply run the server build on a local machine then run the ListDLLs tool.

To debug in container mode, make sure Docker is installed properly and follow the instructions on Verifying containerization. As long as the MultiplayerSettings.json file in mock agent folder is configured properly and RunContainer is set to true, the build will run in Container Mode.

In fact, I will suggest directly run the executable file and ListDLLs tool to see the result.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jpgordon00 avatar image jpgordon00 commented ·

As you can see from my recent question, I can run it as a process (and I see 'active'). I have added all the additional dlls and when I switch runContainer to true (I did run Setup.ps1), it fails after 'WaitingForHeartbeat' without any errors or logs. Why would it work as a process and not as a container if I added each dll listed?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ jpgordon00 commented ·

Heartbeat is a routine HTTP request to PlayFab Server, while Mock Agent simulates a local network environment that let the testing server build communicate with PlayFab Server. Meanwhile, if it is run in Container mode, it will be the same as the real online environment. If it is pending at WaitingForHeartbeat state, it means the server is not initialized successfuly, which may result in Unhealthy state.

Does ListDLLs work when you are using Mock Agent to run the build locally? Is there any result responded by the tool?

0 Likes 0 ·
jpgordon00 avatar image jpgordon00 Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Yup, List dll does work and I included the many dll's it listed.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.