question

Johnathon Conbere avatar image
Johnathon Conbere asked

PlayFabMultiplayer module not updated for AMD VMs.,PlayFabMultiplayer powershell module does not include new AMD VMs

Hi, we run a script using the PlayFabMultiplayer module, and wanted to switch it over to the new AMD VMs, specifically(Standard_E2as_v4). It appears the module has not been updated to include these new VMs as valid parameters for PlayFab.MultiplayerModels.AzureVMSize

Error:

2021-03-16T20:24:57.8723787Z ##[error]New-PFMultiplayerBuild : Cannot bind parameter 'VmSize'. Cannot convert value "Standard_E2as_v4" to type 
"PlayFab.MultiplayerModels.AzureVmSize". Error: "Unable to match the identifier name Standard_E2as_v4 to a valid 
enumerator name. Specify one of the following enumerator names and try again:
Standard_D1_v2, Standard_D2_v2, Standard_D3_v2, Standard_D4_v2, Standard_D5_v2, Standard_A1_v2, Standard_A2_v2, 
Standard_A4_v2, Standard_A8_v2, Standard_F1, Standard_F2, Standard_F4, Standard_F8, Standard_F16, Standard_F2s_v2,  Standard_F4s_v2, Standard_F8s_v2, Standard_F16s_v2, Standard_A1, Standard_A2, Standard_A3, Standard_A4"
multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Hi, sorry for the late response. Based on the feedback from the team, the asset uploading issue has been solved. Please try again to see if you still have this issue. Thanks for the patience.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

May I know the version of the PowerShell tool?

PlayFab have released a new version of the tool, which is intended to be the replacement of old tools. However, it is still in preview state, you may find the repository on https://github.com/PlayFab/MpsPowershell.

I suggest you to try this tool if you are still using the old one. Please note that this is not a drop-in replacement for the existing Multiplayer PowerShell cmdlets--the best way to learn is to look at how-to.md. Also, please remember to uninstall the old version before installing the preview via “PS> Uninstall-Package MultiplayerApi”

10 |1200

Johnathon Conbere avatar image
Johnathon Conbere answered

We are using 0.936.

I tried using the replacement tools, but the New-PfAsset command did not seem to be stable; It would give me an error that it could not find the file, but still create a new build with the AssetName(available as a Asset Package on the Multiplayer Server New Build setup page) even on error.

Script:

New-PfAsset -FilePath D:\Projects\TestDeploy\s\A8testDeploy.zip -AssetName A8testDeploy.zip | ConvertTo-Json -depth 5
Error:

New-PfAsset : Could not load file or assembly 'System.Buffers, Version=4.0.2.0, Culture=neutral,                        PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.                 At D:\Projects\TestDeploy\s\deployToPlayfab.ps1:19 char:1                                                 + New-PfAsset -FilePath D:\Projects\TestDeploy\s\A8testDe ...                                             + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                                     + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [New-PfAsset], FileNotFoundException                                        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.IO.FileNotFoundException,New-PfAsset 
3 comments
10 |1200

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I will try to reproduce this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniel Chipman avatar image Daniel Chipman Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Any progress with this issue? I'm encountering the same problem- the old module doesn't support the new server types we're being requested to migrate to, but the new module doesn't handle its dependencies properly.

As a side note, it's probably also a bug that failures such as this while calling New-PfAsset leave a corrupt asset uploaded that must be manually removed.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Daniel Chipman commented ·

I have submitted a report to the team and will keep you informed when there is any feedback.

Currently, the Powershell tool cannot configure AMD cores. Please configure it on Game Manager.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.