question

Lucas [not provided] avatar image
Lucas [not provided] asked

Unity Android Plugin

Hi all,

I'm having a nasty issue with your Unity Android Plugin.

Whenever I call PlayFabAndroidPlugin.Init("<mySenderID>"); I get a crash and literally no debug messages at all in my adb logcat!

This happens if I login first with PlayFabClientAPI.LoginWithAndroidDeviceID or not, makes no diff!

I'm running on a LGV40010a02e06 (as per adb devices).

Let me know if I can provide anything else to help!

Thanks

unity3dandroid
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
marcowilliamspf avatar image
marcowilliamspf answered

What version of the SDK are you on?  
the .Init()  method is for using Push Notifications on Android and is not needed to just use PlayFab and Android.   

From what it sounds like ( and a guess really ), is that your passing your Sender ID,  but you have not setup anything in the Android Manifest to support the use of Push Notifications and that will surely result in a Device Crash when you call .Init() 

If you want to use Push notifications please follow the Tutorial for setting that up.
https://github.com/PlayFab/UnitySDK/tree/master/UnityAndroidPluginSource

If your not using push notifications do not call  the  .Init() method and there is no real need to use the PlayFabAndroid Plugin  all API calls will work without it.

Hope that helps!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.