question

Bijian Wu avatar image
Bijian Wu asked

new PlayFab web interface? no standby server or what so ever?

Hi, my selected region do not have any standby servers sometimes? even i specify a high number of standby servers? this wasn't happen before? I have used your system for like 4 months, this is the first time I experience the issue, what has been changed? I even try to turn the Dynamic standby to be on, but same issue?

multiplayer
untitled.png (73.5 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

If you look at your other configured build, you are already consuming all the quota you have available. If you need more quota, please click on the Change Quota button in the Multiplayer->Quota tab and specify the quota you need for each region.

Also, please bear in mind that running Standby servers are still servers 100% provisioned and running for your title, and they do consume server hours. Looking at your Multiplayer->Total Usage tab, you've been running servers with no usage much of the last 30 days. We highly recommend turning off servers by setting the Standby count to 0 for configured regions when you're not testing.

7 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bijian Wu avatar image Bijian Wu commented ·

thanks for the quick response

0 Likes 0 ·

to increase the quota, i need to buy a plan? as currently I only have 24 cores for east US and 24 cores for North Europe

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Bijian Wu commented ·

No, servers are priced separately from the basic tiers of service. You can use server hosting in any tier, including the free tier, and you'll be billed for any server hours that exceed the included free monthly hours. That's why we highly recommend turning off standby servers when you're not actively testing.

Also, my apologies, as I mis-read your configuration - since you have the servers per VM set as high as you do, you're not using all the quota in the other build. I would recommend removing and re-adding the regional configuration in the build above.

0 Likes 0 ·

Yeah, i did what you said removing and re adding the regional confit and it still not working.

We do have a big testing today, I think we have used up all the available quota? Is the Quota will get reset each day or each month?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Bijian Wu commented ·

Your 101 build currently has 0 standby servers configured. Could you try setting up the region you want, with the number of standby servers you need, so that we can have a look?

0 Likes 0 ·
Bijian Wu avatar image Bijian Wu brendan commented ·

My 101 build has 20 target standby configured, but current standby is always 0, even after I increased the quota to be 36 cores. Does the VM selection matters? since I select 2 core F series VM?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.