question

Ryan Shen avatar image
Ryan Shen asked

NoHostsAvailableInRegion

When I tried to do RequestMultiplayerServer, I kept getting this error:

MultiplayerServerTooManyRequests - NoHostsAvailableInRegion

In the linked post, it talked about when the game is finished,

I should let the game exit so that it will return to the allocation pool.

But the problem is, I was having my server hosting multiple matches,

so the mentioned solution is not gonna work.

My question is:

In what cases, the server will be removed from the allocation pool?

And in my case, how should I do, so the players can do RequestMultiplayerServer anytime they want?

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Ivan Cai avatar image
Ivan Cai answered

In what cases, the server will be removed from the allocation pool?

Answer:

1.Your game server application exits.

2.PlayFab terminates your game server because there are more game servers available than is necessary for the current player load.

3.Azure will perform required maintenance on the virtual machine that is hosting your game server.

And in my case, how should I do, so the players can do RequestMultiplayerServer anytime they want?

You need to increase the number of "Total" servers. Or you can use server backfill tickets that allow players to match games on existing active servers and avoid creating new server instances. For more information about backfill tickets, please refer toUsing server backfill tickets - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ryan Shen avatar image Ryan Shen commented ·

Thanks for the detailed reply.
As for the first question, I want to elaborate more.
So when the server is removed from the allocation pool, I can't use RequestMultiplaerServer to get IP Address?

For the second, I was testing with only 1 or 2 clients, is that also requiring more "Total" servers?

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ivan Cai avatar image Ivan Cai ♦ Ryan Shen commented ·

Yes, you can increase the number of target standby and maximum in server build appropriately to improve response rate. When you test with only 1 or 2 clients, you don't require more "Total" servers.However, you can use backfill tickets to let players match game on active server. It must supply all member information for the game it is currently hosting. Once the backfill ticket is created, it will begin searching for regular matchmaking tickets (with higher priority) which meets the rule criteria of the queue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ryan Shen avatar image Ryan Shen commented ·

I was asking the first one because I can connect to the server through IP Address of server.
But when I try to do RequestMultiplayerServer, it returned the error "NoHostsAvailableInRegion",

which made me quite confused.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.