question

mike-3 avatar image
mike-3 asked

Unique Display Name Across Multiple Titles

Is there a way to make the Display name the same across all titles?

I want my users to log into all of my games with the same email address, and be able to have the same Display Name.

From what I see they Display name is title specific. This could lead to the same Display name not being available for the user in one of my other games, that they use currently.

Title Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mike-3 avatar image
mike-3 answered

Thanks for the feed back.

I suppose it best I use one title across all of the similar themed games then. Maintaining a database just for that defeats the simplicity of using a service like play fab.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

Yes, that'd be a feasible workaround.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

So the feature you’re looking for is unique display name at studio level, unfortunately, currently that’s not supported in our system. As a workaround, you might need to self-host a lookup table for studio level displayname checks.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.