question

Kenny Roy avatar image
Kenny Roy asked

Why is there no interface for group and title policies?

I've been using playfab for almost 4 years now and I still have to dig for hours in the forums to figure out what the syntax is for policy changes when I want to do the simplest thing. I find this absolutely unacceptable. Why is there not a complete list of all the syntax and values that contribute to policies?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Unfortunately, there is no document about group policy for now.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kenny Roy avatar image Kenny Roy commented ·

I am suddenly getting this error when I run ListGroupMembers from CloudScript. I have made recent changes to title policy but none to group policy, and I don't know why this is happening. The fact we are supposed to guess the syntax and paths to these policies is like... beyond comprehension. AFAIK, there's not a single piece of documentation that describes this. And the policy interface doesn't error check, so you can type Pride and Prejudice in there and away you go. I'm very frustrated.

"errorMessage": "The claim was not allowed to perform the requested action based on the entity's access policy. Policy comment: By default, all requests are denied. If you expected this request to succeed, you may be missing a policy. See the permissions APIs in PlayFab's Admin Api to add a permission.",

I can't paste my group policy because it exceeds the limit. But you can check title A2460.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ Kenny Roy commented ·

I have inspected your title and have tested the policy on my title, but I cannot reproduce the issue. Have you update the API policy using UpdatePolicy API? If so, could you please provide the API policy for us? I don’t have access to view your API policy.

Yes, the group policy only applies in one group with the policy and not affect other groups.

Since there is no document, please tell us what you would like to achieve and we will provide advice on the policy.

0 Likes 0 ·

Wait a sec I can only see one group that I've applied the group policy prescribed elsewhere in these forums...

Are you telling me that group policy is individual?

0 Likes 0 ·

I can't even see members in my dashboard. What the hell is going on? When my game creates a new EntityGroup, the creator isn't even listed as Admin anymore. Something is majorly messed up.

0 Likes 0 ·
capture.png (35.9 KiB)

I reverted to an old policy, and It's back to normal. I still think this needs to be addressed.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.