question

Maximilian Weber avatar image
Maximilian Weber asked

Segments showing 0 players affected

So we have launched our account system today and it looks like there are some master player accounts stuck in the playfab system even though we deleted them.(different playfab titleid)
What happens now is a user signs up, gets merged(?) into their previous account and we try to put them into a segment.
Because we see the affected accounts all have a linked account to e.g. android/iOS so we thought this should be possible.
But when we generate a segment no matter what settings/filters we choose they are reporting as 0 players all the time

For example, there is a player that has a linked Steam account clearly visible in the profile.
But the segmentation filter "linked user account to steam" still shows 0 players.

Our title id is 62477

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Yes, player deletion usually takes a while to complete (processed in the deletion queue)so it’s possible that new title player account rooted from the “deleted”master player account gets created. To prevent this from happening next time, we suggest that you first unlink those identities before deleting a player, so that you can reuse them for new accounts right away.

And, for the segment issue, I can see that you also added the “that has email” condition, maybe that’s the case for the issue. Could you please try changing it to “that ignores email” to see if it helps?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Maximilian Weber avatar image Maximilian Weber commented ·

It does look like the filters are exclusive though? So if a user has multiple linked accounts like iOS and steam then it won't show up under "steam" filter, only if both filters are active?

Looks like we need to have a few segments to tackle this then

0 Likes 0 ·
Maximilian Weber avatar image
Maximilian Weber answered

it does not seem to have any effect unfortunately

it does not seem to have any effect unfortunately - is there any other filter I have to put first?

4 comments
10 |1200

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

I believe that filter should be enough however I can see the condition is "that does not have email", could you please try changing it to "that ignores email" instead?

0 Likes 0 ·
Maximilian Weber avatar image Maximilian Weber Citrus Yan commented ·

Same result of 0 players - I sanity checked and added a different filter that just gave all players and it worked fine so maybe there is a specific issue with the Steam/linked account feature?

0 Likes 0 ·
Maximilian Weber avatar image Maximilian Weber Maximilian Weber commented ·

Wait it does show up in one of the players now! So just a Delay issue inside the segment view then! This works so now we can fix this behavior thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
linh thien mai avatar image
linh thien mai answered

Cảm ơn rât nhiều!

câu đố ghép hình

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.