question

hersch.eyecons avatar image
hersch.eyecons asked

Leaderboard Question- running contests

Hey there. I'm running a contest to drive users to my game and am offering free concert tickets to the top 5 high scores in the game (given a specific time and date for high score completion). What is the easiest way to identify which game players are new vs. which have been playing for a while?

Also, I currently have 30 levels within the game, and I see 30 individual leaderboards. Is there a way to identify the highest scoring players overall? or am I restricted to level by level?

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The player details (from the Game Manager or the account info query API calls) return the creation date of the account, in addition to the first and last login time for the specific Title ID.

If you need to have a single listing of overall scores across all levels, yes, you would need a distinct leaderboard for that. Otherwise, you would need to integrate the scores using your own logic.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.