question

Jacob Merrette avatar image
Jacob Merrette asked

Several errors after SDK install

Hi,

I have downloaded the SDK for Playfab, and I get 3 errors when I start Unity.

• GUI Window tried to begin rendering while something else had not finished rendering! Either you have a recursive OnGUI rendering, or the previous OnGUI did not clean up properly.
  • EndLayoutGroup: BeginLayoutGroup must be called first.
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)
  • Assertion failed on expression: 'device.IsInsideFrame()'

This happens on Unity 2020.2.

I have looked several hours and tried some solutions like adding GUIUtility.ExitGUI(); in some key areas, but to now avail. This is a pure clean install in a fresh project, only the Playfab default files are present.

unity3dsdkswindows
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

May I know the specific version of Unity & the PlayFab SDK? For instance, for Unity, is it 2020.2.7f1 or something else?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Jacob Merrette avatar image
Jacob Merrette answered

Oh of course, sorry.

Unity: 2020.2.1f1
Playfab SDK: 2.104.210208

You example using 2.7 made me think I likely had an older Unity version causing the issue, and it was it. Now on 2.7 and the only issue I had were some obsolescence warning, everything is fine now!

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

OK, looks like it was an issue with that specific Unity version. If you have any further issue, please let us know:)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.