question

Ozan Yilmaz avatar image
Ozan Yilmaz asked

Why does login rarely not return user read only data?

Hello everyone,

I've come across a problem which occurs so rarely, but I wonder what it's related to and how I can solve it.

When I use LoginWithEmailAddress API, rarely, it doesn't return user read only data. In my game code, when I try to access one of the user read only data, it gives me null error and the game gets stuck at loading. It, however, returns user data.

This is a very rare problem. It's been around 1 year, and I've seen this issue 2 times so far, and all 2 of them gave me the sane error on the same code line (where I try to access the user read only data first time).

Why does that happen? Is it related to PlayFab or SDK or Unity?

EDIT: I just realized that the error occurs when I try to create account and login many times, but it's still not repetitive. I'm not sure why that happens. I was trying to create some test account over the game and around creating and logging in 7 accounts, I got the same error.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

Did this issue happen recently? If so, could you please provide your title ID for us to diagnose? Please understand that the API calls are not 100% guaranteed to be successful and sometimes there could be some incidents that might affect the API calls.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Ozan Yilmaz avatar image
Ozan Yilmaz answered

@Junjin Chen

I think I found the issue. I tried create/login many account in my test title and I got no error. Then I add a rule to add new user read only data and statistics when an account is created, I got the error 1 time.

In my game code, I was trying to login right after the account is created. I think, the rule wasn't executed completely at that time, and it didn't return the user read only data. (I think the rule and my login API were executed at the same time). Now, I just added a 1 second delay in my game and I haven't seen any issue so far by creating/logging accounts.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

I am glad that you found the issue. Yes, there could be delays when executing rules. If the issue still exist, please feel free to let us know.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.