question

Jannick Leismann avatar image
Jannick Leismann asked

Link steam to account with custom id

Hello,

so far I let my users login to the game using the custom id method. The username is always the steam id (back in the days i wasnt aware of the loginWithSteam call).

However now I'm adding IAPs with Steam which requires the users to login using loginWithSteam instead of loginWithCustomId.

What i do is:

1.) Login player with custom id

2.) Link Steam Account

The problem:

A new player title gets created with new inventory etc. I can see that the new player has a linking to a custom id but it adds an 'old' to the end of the id.

What is causing this problem? Why does a new player get created?

Is it because the old username and the new steam username are the same?

The account linking callback seems to be fine.

Thank you in advance,

Jannick

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

Before you do LoginWithCustomID and LinkSteamAccount, have you ever used LoginWithSteam to create an account with the Steam account id? Could you please provide your title ID and the player ID you described for us to diagnose?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jannick Leismann answered

I used the wrong string during login. That's why an account was always generated.

My mistake. Thank you for support :-)

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I am glad that you figured it out:)

0 Likes 0 ·

Hello @Junjin Chen, I thought that exactly this is not the way to go? I already have an account and want steam to get linked to it. Also I forget to mention, that I don't need to login with steam, I just need an account that has steam linked to make the IAP work.

However my title id is:7AC2F

Player title id: B462F99CC4CB3373

Player id: E56E7341B1A6D3D8

I attached an image.

What is happening here?

Thanks,

Jannick

10 |1200

*removed because my steam id was visible :)

1 comment
10 |1200

No, it is not recommended to create another account with steam before linking to the existing account.

I have inspected your title, there was an event with id: fb8a28e3067e46bfbcd8af263cc609ac, it states that the previous custom id account linked a steam account at 2021-03-03T15:53:29.4257564Z. Then there was another event with id: 7207bab1f72547478775d071d65fdaaa, it states that the account with custom id postfixed with “old” linked a steam account at 2021-03-04T07:38:16.2154575Z.

Could you please check your code that if you have used LoginWithCustomID to create a new account with the postfix of “old”, then forced link the steam account to this new account?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.