question

patrickdib007 avatar image
patrickdib007 asked

Best Character Creation Practices

Hi, I've searched a couple of questions similar to mine here and saw a couple of different answers depending on the situation. I was wondering what would be the best practice for my type of game.

I'm basically creating something similar to a MOBA. I'm starting with about 10 characters(which will increase over time), each have 50 levels and 6-7 different stats.

My question would be : Which method do I use?

1.Do I use the Title Data in contents? Title Internal Data? Write every lvl/stats/characters here

2.Do I write the Level 1 stats of each character in their respective Statistics after creation via cloudscript? or do I use their respective Title Data in char.? and than in game I calculate each stats depending on the stats ''experience'' or ''Level'' saved

3. Do I create a Character Catalog with each item being a character and in their each respective custom Data write all the stats of each level?

4. Another method ?

Thank you for your guidance

Title Datadatagame managerCharacter DataCharacters
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

patrickdib007 avatar image patrickdib007 commented ·

Thank you for the reply. So I have a follow up question. Where do I store the information of each character before they are given to the client via cloudscript? Since there isn't some sort of "catalog manager" like with items.

0 Likes 0 ·
patrickdib007 avatar image patrickdib007 patrickdib007 commented ·

What I mean is where do I store the information that will populate the statistics in each character when they will be created/given?

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan patrickdib007 commented ·

Such data is more like a configurational one, which serves for the whole title, therefore you can store them in Title Data.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.