question

carlos fernandez oliver avatar image
carlos fernandez oliver asked

Check All user character´s name

Hi! I am very new to using playfab, I am trying to get the basics doing basic tests on different things to understand the concepts, but I got stuck on how to check if a character name already exists.

from what I have been able to find it seems that with GetAllUsersCharacters you can see basic information of the characters of all the players, including the name, But I can't find any example made where I can see the structure of how to do it, if someone could give me a hint I would be eternally grateful :), ty for your time!

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

carlos fernandez oliver avatar image carlos fernandez oliver commented ·

PD: It is to prevent duplicate names and to be able to check it before the creation of the character

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Currently, PlayFab doesn’t provide a feature to prevent non-unique character names. PlayFab can only check if Player DisplayNames are unique. And the API GetAllUsersCharacters is designed to list all of the characters that belong to a specific user, it can’t retrieve all player’s character info. If keeping character names unique is necessary for you, you can implement it on your own or try to adda feature request for it.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

carlos fernandez oliver avatar image carlos fernandez oliver commented ·

Hi Sarah thanks for replying, is there any way to get a display name for each character? I would like to be able to link a personal score to each character in which it reflects the name and the personal score and include a future name change service also to prevent players from using offensive names, I've been looking for the best option for days but I can't find anything like it, any ideas? ty!

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang carlos fernandez oliver commented ·

PlayFab doesn't provide the feature to retrieve all characters' display names. You can store them in your own data warehouse to implement your requirements.

If you want to block profanity in player display names, you can consider using the external service Community Sift. You can navigate to [Game Manager]->[Add-ons] to integrate it with PlayFab. For the clarification, this feature only applies to Player DisplayNames too.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.