question

Daniel Wengenroth avatar image
Daniel Wengenroth asked

Console support and cross play?

Hello,

I'm thinking about using Playable for a future project. But I have some questions left.

Does it support Cross play?

How about console integration? Do consoles work out of the box with the Playable plugin for Unreal Engine or do I need custom files for consoles?

Is there a detailed documentation for Console integration?

Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Ivan Cai avatar image
Ivan Cai answered

1.Does it support Cross play?

Yes. Since the playfab account can link with multiple platform accounts such as the LinkNintendoSwitchDeviceId API, so playfab can support players to use different consoles to play with each other simultaneously.

2.How about console integration? Do consoles work out of the box with the Playable plugin for Unreal Engine or do I need custom files for consoles?

We offer plenty of SDKs for different platforms, engines & languages: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/sdks/playfab-sdk-intro, you may choose one of them for your project.

3.Is there a detailed documentation for Console integration?

Sorry, we don’t have some detailed documents temporarily.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.