question

Bijian Wu avatar image
Bijian Wu asked

Server core usage

Hi, I am wondering if I set each server requires 0.03 cores in the build setting, after hit Save and Deploy the build, will the PlayFab clamp each my server to be 0.03 core usages max? or I have to manually test my server build performance and core usage?

in the attached screenshot, I set my server to be using A1_v2 machine, 30 servers per machine in region East US, thus cause each of my server to be using 0.03 cores, if PlayFab does not clamped the core usage for me? there is a potential server crash if my server turns out uses for example 0.20 cores? what would happened? if so, what tool should I use to measure my server core usage? untitled.png

multiplayer
untitled.png (34.3 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

>> PlayFab clamp each my server to be 0.03 core usages max? or I have to manually test my server build performance and core usage?

You need to manually test your server build performance and core usage. Setting “30 servers per 1 core machine” means PlayFab would allocate 0.03 core to each server, if your server’s real performance requirement exceeds 0.03 core, it may crash.

>> there is a potential server crash if my server turns out uses for example 0.20 cores? what would happened? if so, what tool should I use to measure my server core usage?

As the above answer said, the crash can happen. You need to do the performance test on your own. Since the server would be hosted in the container, the CPU cores need to meet the container’s requirements. You can use the docker command, such as docker stats [OPTIONS] [CONTAINER...] to monitor the containers’ resource usage. For more details about docker’s command reference, please check the docker docs.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.