question

Talha avatar image
Talha asked

Rewarded ads And Ad mediation networks.

Hi, can we use the current rewarded videos feature offered by playfab with ad mediation platforms like heyzap, fyber, tapjoy, mopub etc.?

and one rewarded video that grants VC is 1 Read and 1 write operation right? (2 ticks?).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Yes, you can use our Rewarded ads feature with any third-party ad provider you prefer, to easily grant rewards to your players for watching in-game video ads. Please check out this tutorial to get started: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/automation/rewarded-ads/quickstart

Regarding the second question, could you please elaborate on the flow of your design so that we can provide a more accurate estimate?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Talha avatar image Talha commented ·

Hi, I have not yet started implementing rewarded videos. The flow is basic.

From what I have read, Just call the GetAdPlacements call from clientapi and then RewardAdActivity to grant certain VC. I am confused here, how to go about designing the flow to reward a player certain VC on watching an ad and how many read write operations that will consume (the most basic ad reward system).

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Talha commented ·

Regarding identifying whether a player has watched an ad or not, I believe that's something needs to be implement by yourself, for more details regarding its implementation, you might need to refer to your ad provider's documentation, and after that, just call RewardAdActivity to grant the VC, based on your configuration in our Ad Placement portal.

Regarding the meters, GetAdPlacements should tick Content & Configuration Reads once, RewardAdActivity should tick Profile Writes once.

1 Like 1 ·
Talha avatar image Talha Citrus Yan commented ·

Great. All cleared. Thanks alot.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.