question

stevenbalderrama avatar image
stevenbalderrama asked

Can Playfab create lobby/Waiting room?

Hello,

Is it possible for Playfab to create waiting rooms or lobby for a player to create to add friends OR quick match making? for match making, nothing complicated, just similar to Among us example, can Playfab do it, or do I need to look into Mirror or Photon? is there examples or tutorials i can see, read?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

If you want to implement a multiplayer game like Among Us, PlayFab will be able to handle it without external tools.

RequestMultiplayerServer API is the one you need to implement, while it depends on your requirement to have it on the clients or only on Cloud Script/Azure Function. The advantages of implementing it on the server side is to have additional verifications or restrictions to be checked before players can request an instance.

“Create a Room” is not a PlayFab Matchmaking process, instead it is initiating an instance. The host directly connects to it after initialized and the server build is in a “ready for players” state. During this state, the host can invite friends via sharing the server details like IP and port or enable matchmaking at anytime – server can create via CreateServerBackfillTicket API, This process is repeated until the player number reaches the maximum or host manually starts the game.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

NJ avatar image NJ commented ·

But how you list all open rooms as it is in among us? In this case don't you need external cache storage to store all open rooms with their state?

0 Likes 0 ·
NJ avatar image NJ NJ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.