question

stevenbalderrama avatar image
stevenbalderrama asked

Player Logs In successfully, Next step, Player Creates Lobby for others to join game Tutorial request

Hello,

sorry for the long long Title, but, that is my next step on making a multiplayer game, i successfully did 2 things which i never thought i would be able to do:

1. Create a login window with, registration, recovery password

2. Get Player Stats from Server and have a function ready to submit player stats

Now i need to be able to go onto the next step...

After player logs in, either find a Waiting room created by other players, OR create a waiting room for players or 1 player to go into to play the game, so far, I see Photon or mirror can do this, but not sure if I need to incorporate Photon or Mirror or other API's to do that, OR if Playfab can do that, if so, is there a tutorial or documentation on how to do this?

thanks in advance

Custom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Ivan Cai avatar image
Ivan Cai answered

Playfab is not supported to provide a lobby system. However, you can implement a lobby system via mirror by yourself. Or, you can use third-party services such as Photon to create lobbies/rooms that you could use for matchmaking. Here is a guide for you about Photon matchmaker: Matchmaking Guide | Photon Engine.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.