question

Gary Reif avatar image
Gary Reif asked

Is triggering a rule from a TitleEvent supported yet?

I would like to trigger a rule which will run a CloudScript function that updates multiple player's statistics and I would like it to be triggered from a game server(not Azure). I have seen posts here from a year ago or more which indicate that triggering a rule from a PlayStream event is only supported for PlayerEvents, but in this scenario, it seemed to me that it should be triggered by a TitleEvent.

CloudScriptPlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Ivan Cai avatar image
Ivan Cai answered

No, title-level events triggering rules is not supported. Since you are already on the server side, we recommend that you call the UpdatePlayerStatistics API directly to update the player's statistics. Or, you can also call the ExecuteCloudscript API with neccessary params to execute your cloudscript function that updates player statistics.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.