question

Bijian Wu avatar image
Bijian Wu asked

Request Multiplayer Server API allocated server

I got Few quesions about Request Multiplayer Server API call, can you please clarify it please.

1. let's say I have 4 servers in WestEU, with only 1 server in stand by, when I am calling Request Multiplayer Server, does this stand by server got allocated?

2. in another situation, I have 4 servers in WestEU, with no servers in stand by, but 1 in Active, when I am calling Request Multiplayer Server, does it needs to wait till at least 1 stand by server is on, does that mean player has to wait till there is at least 1 stand by server is on before server can be allocated and let players to connect.

3. Request Multiplayer Server API will never allocate server which already in active mode? there is no way to let player connect to active server?

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Ivan Cai avatar image
Ivan Cai answered

1. let's say I have 4 servers in WestEU, with only 1 server in stand by, when I am calling Request Multiplayer Server, does this stand by server got allocated?

Yes. When you have a standby server, it will get allocated to the standby server firstly. The standby server is designed to support immediate fulfillment of requests for additional game servers in response to player demand.

2. in another situation, I have 4 servers in WestEU, with no servers in stand by, but 1 in Active, when I am calling Request Multiplayer Server, does it needs to wait till at least 1 stand by server is on, does that mean player has to wait till there is at least 1 stand by server is on before server can be allocated and let players to connect.

Yes. The player need to wait for the standby server is on to connect.

3. Request Multiplayer Server API will never allocate server which already in active mode? there is no way to let player connect to active server?

Yes, the request mulitiplayer server API can't allocate the active server. However, you can use the server backfill ticket to allocate server which already in active mode. The server backfill ticket allows a game server to search for additional players which will fit into the game currently being played. For specific operations, please refer to Using server backfill tickets - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bijian Wu avatar image Bijian Wu commented ·

thanks for the answer, But I am Planning to using my custom Matchamking server with Server hosted in PlayFab, My custom matchmaking server is basically a party system that people get to see and choose what match to start playing together. How will Request Multiplayer Server API work in this case, only one player(party leader/room owner) can call Request Multiplayer Server API and get the server details and share it with the party members, so they get to the same game together? Am I correct? the backfill ticket in this case would be just join the match with server details? since Request Multiplayer Server API results in new servers being allocated, I cannot let each part member call Request Multiplayer Server API?

0 Likes 0 ·
Ivan Cai avatar image Ivan Cai ♦ Bijian Wu commented ·

Yes,what you said is correct.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.