question

Steve Falzon avatar image
Steve Falzon asked

Can I script Title configuration and add-on installation?

Hi,

I'm new to playfab, a few days, it's pretty cool. Thank you for providing the free tier!! I've managed to create a register user workflow that sends an verification email when a new user is created using the NodeSdk from an Azure function.

While setting that up I had to do a few things in the Playfab portal - install the smtp add-on, create email templates & rules, etc.

I wondered if it is possible, perhaps using the admin api, to automate this process so I can run a set-up script when I add a new title? Save me doing it by hand each time.

If it's possible I can work out what to do. I just need to know if it is possible and perhaps a pointer to a doc/blog specifically about automating Title configuration. I haven't found any so far.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Thanks for the feedback. Currently, there are no API publicly provided for Add-On configuration. Please feel free to send a thread on https://community.playfab.com/spaces/24/index.html. Votes from other developers may help with the priority.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Steve Falzon avatar image Steve Falzon commented ·

Thanks @SethDu, is there a reference for building add-ons? I notice there a consulting add-on by Adrian Cook, which suggests there is a process. Is this just for selected partners or can developers submit add-ons too? Either way is it possible to get information regarding add-on development and if a partner only program how does a company apply?

I ask because looking through the forums and online many of the same hurdles arise for each developer and as I am right at the beginning of using playfab, and hate doing things more than I need to, I thought any automation tools I build could be useful to others.

Thanks for your help

Steve

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Steve Falzon commented ·

Add-on is for PlayFab selected partners. While in terms of Adrian Crook, you may sign up on their website and consult the experts for more details.

0 Likes 0 ·
Steve Falzon avatar image Steve Falzon commented ·

Hi, thanks I'm not actually interested in Adrian Cook. I was wondering if Add-on creation is a closed shop which you've confirmed that it is.Thanks, your answer saves me a lot of time trying to look into it.

Cheers

Steve

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.