question

Dawid Fatyga avatar image
Dawid Fatyga asked

Aggregate custom events into a Histogram from Cloud Script (or anything that runs e.g daily)

Hi,

I am trying to do something (seemingly) simple, but I could not find a good working solution yet: I have a custom event that is fired when player finishes each level, with the level name and the number of moves they made.

I would like to to have a script that would:

1. run a daily/hourly (after each custom event, does not matter)

2. query the playstream and calculate a histogram of moves for that level

3. store the results in Title Data

I know how to do 1 and 3, but I cannot find info about 2.

So far I have seen people recommending to use Snowflake for this (https://community.playfab.com/questions/13765/how-to-retrieve-history-of-player-login-time-and-v.html), but then I found that Snowflake integration was shut down (https://community.playfab.com/questions/35883/data-warehouse-for-storage-and-analysis.html), however links suggested in the answer do not work any more.

Thanks in advance for help!

Dawid

P.s It this cannot be done, I think I will resort to simply calculating the histogram online as the event is sent, as in "read title data + modify + write". This will not be as precise solution as with the query playstream (as there I could deduplicate by user ID), but it should be good enough.

CloudScriptTitle DataanalyticsPlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

It is possible that you may implement Kusto C# SDK in Azure Function to query those customized event and create a scheduled task to execute this function hourly.

Please navigate to Connecting Kusto C# SDK to Insights - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to know more details about Kusto SDK.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.