question

myilmaz1994 avatar image
myilmaz1994 asked

Secure way to rewarding with exp,items after the match (Pun2)

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

myilmaz1994 avatar image myilmaz1994 commented ·

Hello i am using Photon Chat and Realtime with Playfab in my MMO Shooter project. For example 8 players entered room and played a competetive match and after the match is there any secure way to give rewards (exp,item,ingame currency) to winner team players only ? I know the structure of Photon Network so we shouldnt trust and rely the data coming from player but is there any good approach to solve my problem ?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Ivan Cai avatar image
Ivan Cai answered

Since you are currently using Photon Realtime(PUN2), relying on the client is inevitable. Now, the real issue is the data you're reading to evaluate the game. If you are not using Photon Enterprise or any type of custom game server, you will rely on the data sent by the client. If you want to know more about playfab and photon, please refer to Implementing skill-based matchmaking with PlayFab + Photon - Playfab Community

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.